1. How can I get involved in the prolife movement?
I don’t know how you are being called. But the first thing I would encourage you to do is to look at prolife opportunities in your area. You may want to check out local pregnancy centers, 40 Days for Life campaigns, or even legislative groups. If you are a student, then I encourage you to contact Students for Life of America to help get you pointed in the right direction.
2. Can you help me write a book? Can you help me with a book project?
Honestly, I am not the best person to ask for publishing advice. I have not gone down the conventional book publishing route. I have not ever had to seek out a publisher or do my own publicity for my books. You may do better to contact a self-publishing agency and see if they can help you.
3. How can I change the mind of my prochoice friend?
Really, there is not much you can SAY. Continue to be open about your beliefs in a non-nagging way. Don’t feel like you have to hide the fact that you are prolife, or shy away from talking about prolife activities. Your witness is a strong lesson for them. Remember that you won’t change their mind in an argument.
4. Why are you against hormonal birth control?
I am against anything that can potentially cause abortion. For more information about this, you can visit my website at http://www.abbyjohnson.org/contraception/.
5. Do you believe in any form of birth control?
I do not believe in putting any sort of barrier between a husband and wife. I do believe in Natural Family Planning. It is a natural way to control your fertility, space children if desired and be open to life. For more information, please visit www.iusenfp.com.
6. Can you come and speak to us in (insert city)?
I select speaking events based on the invitations that are submitted to my agent, Gloria Leyda, at Ambassador
Speakers Bureau. There is usually a feefor me to come and speak for your event, which is why I am usually asked to speak at fundraising banquets or large rallies. If you would like to get more information about bringing me to your event, please visit www.ambassadorspeakers.com.
7. Have you heard about (this particular news story) that involves the prolife movement?
To be perfectly honest, I have never been emailed a news story that I have not already seen. It is part of my job to stay up to date on news in the prolife movement.
8. Can you donate a bunch of books to my (woman’s groups, pregnancy center, etc)?
I do not keep a large stock of books on hand. If you would like to talk to someone about a possible donation, you will need to contact the publisher directly through www.Tyndale.com or www.Ignatius.com.
9. Can you post this (event, song, fundraising campaign, etc) to your Facebook page?
Unfortunately, no. I receive so many requests every week that there is no way I would be able to accommodate all of them. Because of that, I am not able to post any of them.
10. What made you change your mind and leave Planned Parenthood?
You can find my story at my website www.abbyjohnson.org. You can also purchase my book, “Unplanned” which gives a detailed account of my story.
11. What can I do to help people understand that Girl Scouts support Planned Parenthood?
The best thing you can do is inform yourself and have resources printed or ready to pass out. You can get great resources from: www.girlscoutswhynot.com, www.speaknowgirlscouts.com, www.cookiecott.com, www.mygirlscoutcouncil.com.
You should also know that there are alternatives to Girl Scouts. My family has thorougly enjoyed American Heritage Girls. They are a Christian scouting group who even has a "Respect Life" badge! You can find out more about them at www.ahgonline.org.
12. What is not effective on the sidewalk if you are trying to talk to women?
I do not believe in using any sort of inflammatory language when talking to clients or abortion facility staff (abortion mill, death chamber, slaughter house, deathscort, etc). Our goal is to reach out to them with compassion and show them that there are resources available to them if they choose life and also that we truly care about them. Don’t yell! Don’t call them murderers! Love them. Be compassionate. If you are on the sidewalk and you feel anger in your heart, then just leave. There is enough anger inside the clinic walls…we don’t need it on the sidewalk.
13. Will you endorse my book?
At this time, I am not endorsing books. I have a very busy schedule as a mom, wife, pro-life speaker, etc. I will hopefully be able to get back to reading more once things slow down.
14. Do you have fliers that we can mail into abortion facilities or pass out to abortion clinic workers?
Yes, we have printable fliers at www.abortionworker.com.
15. Can you help me with my high school or college research project?
As much as I would love to fulfill all of these requests, I am not able to do so at this time. I would suggest that you contact your local prolife organization for help.
16. Do you believe in abortion in any case?
No, I do not. Not much else to say about that. Abortion should never be an option.
17. How do I become a prolife speaker?
I really don't know how to help you with this either. I have never had to seek out representation for prolife events. I would suggest that you start by talking to your local church or prolife group to see if you can get your story out that way.
18. Is there a way to handle ectopic pregnancies in a "prolife" way?
Yes. Direct abortion is never necessary. There are other measures in the cases of ectopic pregnancy that can be taken to remove the unborn child (which will indirectly cause death) and still preserve the mother's health. It is all about intent. Again, DIRECT abortion is never necessary. For more information, see http://prolifephysicians.org/app/?p=59.
19. How do I know which organizations give to and support Planned Parenthood?
I refer everyone to www.fightpp.org to obtain a complete list. People often ask about how to boycott so many. In all honesty, if we were to boycott everything on the list, then we would have to pack up and go live in the woods. How you choose to boycott is entirely up to you. My family chooses to boycott any charitable organizations who give to the abortion industry. But when we do boycott, we also send letters letting the organizations know why we have discontinued giving.
20. How does Planned Parenthood come up with their 3% number?
I actually wrote an article that explains how they come up with this fictitious number. You can access the article through http://thehill.com/blogs/congress-blog/politics/153699-exposing-the-planned-parenthood-business-model.
21. My husband and I are looking to adopt a baby. Can you list us on your Facebook page or give moms you talk to our information?
Unfortunately, no. While I'm sure you are a wonderful couple, I don't know you. I have never seen your home study. I would not feel comfortable sending a woman to someone that I don't know. The best thing you can do is register with an adoption agency or work with your state agency in order to find a child for your family.
22. I need resources for post-abortion healing studies. Where can I get this information?
There are many different studies out there to help facilitate healing. I recommend reaching out to your local pregnancy center and finding out if they have any options available. You can also visit www.hopeafterabortion.com and www.surrenderingthesecret.com. There are so many studies it is hard to post them all. There are also many self paced books available that you can purchase from different online sources.
23. You have talked about clinic other than Planned Parenthood that can provide healthcare for low income women. Where can we find a list of those facilities.
This is a website that has a listing of all Federally Qualified Health Centers in the United States. http://findahealthcenter.hrsa.gov/ There are also rural public health centers, hospital health systems and county health departments that are not listed.